Friday, August 3, 2007

Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's

Haven't posted in quite a while due to some illness in the family, but I just recently purchased Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's, and I must say that while it sucks there is only 30 songs and some of the songs are a little lame, the game definitely has a much higher difficulty than GH2. The first night I bought it I beat the game on hard in about 2-3 hours, five staring all but the last section of the songs. It's funny how a lot of people are saying that this game sucked for this and that, mainly the store aspect. While it is disappointing that Grim is the only unlockable character and the guitars and finished are the same with no unlockable tracks, people need to realize that this isn't the next installment of the series, it was simply a game to hold us over until October, 28th for the release of GH3. This game is definitely worth buying in my eyes, it has a plethora of good songs that are fun to play over and over again. Such songs are Holy Diver, Ballroom Blitz, Wraithchild, Turning Japanese, Nothin' But A Good Time, and quite a few more. There were only one or two songs that I hated having to play, which is a pretty good ratio of good songs vs bad. All in all I'd give this game an 8/10 and a definite buy for any true Guitar Hero fan.

No comments: